1. If I see enough people do this sort of thing on blogs and Facebook, I will apparently get in line and follow.
2. I had asthma as a kid, and it just went away one day.
3. I took 3 months of piano lessons in my 20s. I’m no virtuoso, but I can play.
4. I probably eat candy or chew gum 365 days a year.
5. I was hit by a car at age 10. Crossing the street to buy some candy, I must admit.
6. I ran over my foot with a lawn mower at age 15. Some cosmetic damage but no limp; definitely a small miracle.
7. I’m pretty good at basketball and can even dunk. (Now in my 30s, I feel like I better get that on video while I can still do it.)
8. I have visited the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Hemispheres.
9. I’d really like to travel to space one day.
10. I did stand up comedy in New York City for 3 years–performed at most of the major clubs and even made a few bucks in the process. While stand up is not my chief aim in life, there are many people who can attest that I wasn’t bad at it at all.
11. Part of me has always wanted to enlist in the military. Just always been patriotic like that.
12. People think my two years of Peace Corps service in Haiti with no electricity or running water was a major challenge and sacrifice. I let them believe that, but it was one of the easiest times of my life.
13. More and more, I take advice from a still, small voice in my head.
14. I’m allergic to many kinds of nuts, but I believe I can get over it with the right kind of breathing and meditation.
15. I almost always vote, but I’m not a Democrat or a Republican.
16. I have a strong desire to make the world a better place. I’m working towards it everyday.
17. I have a strong desire to be financially rich. I’m working towards it everyday.
18. I believe in reincarnation.
19. I’m left-handed.
20. Dealing with my mother’s death was tough, but not as bad as I feared it might be all the years she was alive.
21. Marriage is simple, but not as easy as I hoped it would be all the years I was single.
22. I have more real friends than the average person, and that has a lot to do with attending Morehouse College.
23. Deep in my sub-conscious, I have an alter-ego named Dhakwan. He only eats raw food, has never had his hair cut, and is a black belt in karate yet perfectly non-violent. (Dhakwan means “bright” in Arabic.)
24. I have a very good memory. Not quite photographic, but really powerful in terms of memorization and recall.
25. I taught myself how to juggle.