3. Jesus enjoyed life. He didn’t so much follow the rules that society or religious leaders established. When Jesus wanted a drink, Jesus had a drink. If he ate a meal without washing his hands first, big deal! His heart was always in the right place.
4. He had a way with words. The words of Jesus have rung true through the centuries not just for Christians. Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, and billions more people have benefited from the word made flesh as well. As relevant as his sermons and parables are now, imagine what an impact his teachings must have had on his contemporaries.
5. Jesus was lucky enough to know his purpose. There’s a certain amount of confidence that comes with knowing your reason for being. You can stand up to naysayers a little easier. You’re not ashamed to take your show on the road. You’re willing to burn the midnight oil to get the job done. That’s Jesus.
6. You could even call Jesus fearless. He was never afraid to face the demons that are a part of life and put them in their place.
7. He had his own star shining in the sky to herald his birth. Come on, man, that’s just cool. My next child will be lucky to get an announcement on Twitter.
8. Speaking of birthdays, we don’t know when Jesus was born exactly, but December 25 would make Jesus a Capricorn, just like me! We are a lot alike now that I think about it.
9. Jesus believed in God. Everyone does not believe in God, nor should they have to. There may be some atheists, agnostics, etc. reading this list and chuckling under their breath (or out loud) at my naivete. But I have come to the conclusion, like Jesus did, that God is real.
10. And because God is real, absolutely anything is possible for people of faith. Jesus was one of the greatest human examples of the principle ever. He healed others, defied gravity, fed countless hungry people, moved mountains, cheated death, and empowers each of us to do the same.