Ten Things I’m Praying For Today:
1. For my wife’s health and safety while she spends the next 2 weeks leading a group of Brooklyn 8th graders on a service mission to South Africa. Especially considering she’s 5 months pregnant with my daughter!
2. For me, my son, and my Uncle Dave as we make the 2900 mile drive from New York City to Los Angeles next week. She’s going to South Africa without me, and I’m driving cross-country without her. God, thank you for that sweet reunion May 30th!
3. A thought of love and compassion goes out to my brother and father. Also, my sister-in-law and my other family all working hard back in Detroit. And, all the rest of my family in different places, everyone else in Detroit, and everyone everywhere….
4. For Zion Hill Baptist Church in Los Angeles, where I’m the pastor-elect. Help the members get/remain on the path of Christ, make the most of the space we have, and let us continue to grow together in wisdom and grace!
5. For myself (again) moving into being a pastor full time. Give me a lot of health, vitality, energy, creativity, humility, integrity, and courage to be the best person I can be in the service of humanity!
6. I am praying for Shaun King, lead pastor of The Courageous Church in Atlanta. Seemingly random to call him out like this, I know, but I like what he’s doing. That little thermometer is going to make it to $100K!
7. Happiness and laughter.
8. My family’s finances. I’m thankful for God’s bounteous blessings. Let me be genuinely happy for others who are doing well. Let me be smarter with money!
9. All the loved ones we’re leaving in NYC. All the people who watched Li’l’ Seth, the married couples we hung out with, co-workers, church family, college friends, and all the people who relied on Isis and me in one way or another. Thank you for this one of a kind city, with its endless possibilities!
10. That whoever reads this will take at least 10 good seconds to pray because prayer really works!